eSeminar - CPT Bearing
Developing an International Derivatives Hub in Asia
This eSeminar is a recorded session of the webinar held on 12 August 2020.
Hong Kong has a unique opportunity to extend its relevance in introducing a global product offering for international market players. While our HSI and HSCEI futures and options serve a global audience, HKEX has had limited experience in offering additional risk management tools that are relevant to global investors.
With the introduction of MSCI Asia and EM derivatives, HKEX and the financial industry in Hong Kong can:
1) Offer international products that are relevant to us and global investors.
2) Develop our market towards round-the-clock trading in derivatives.
It is important to have a set-up in Asia that can connect the 2 international finance centres in New York and London.
In this eSeminar, the speaker compared Hong Kong with our global peers when developing an International Derivatives Hub in Asia Time Zone. He also explored what the challenges and opportunities are for financial professionals with such set-up.
By the end of the eSeminar, you will be able to understand:
- the need for a derivatives hub in Asia Time Zone
- how the Hong Kong financial industry needs to grow to welcome a global investor base
- the potential for Hong Kong
- Trend in Global Market for Futures
- Hong Kong Products connection to the world
- MSCI Contracts and their key contract specifications
- Trading Strategy for Emerging Markets (EM) Asia
Who should attend
Brokers, traders, investors and financial professionals
Alex is a CFA Charterholder and holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Toronto.