From Crypto to Virtual Assets: Journey towards a Regulated Asset Class in Hong Kong
This eSeminar is a recorded session of the webinar held on 29 July 2021.
Over the last few years, Hong Kong went from almost a regulatory vacuum to now having a functioning licensing framework under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (SFO) to regulate virtual assets. What has been changed? What is the road ahead from now for virtual asset service providers and investors?
By the end of the eSeminar, you will:
- Have a better understanding of crypto jargons and clear any confusion with facts
- Know the regulatory response
1. Crypto Jargons - What they imply for investors and operators?
2. Risks - When we confuse jargons with facts?
3. Regulatory Response - How is regulations tackle risk underlying these situations
4. Future Landscape
Who should attend
Finance, technology, legal and compliance professionals
Prior to joining BC Group, Gary served as General Counsel for Yunfeng Financial Group and Asia Head of Legal and Compliance for Cantor Fitzgerald and BGC Partners.
Earlier in his career, Gary specialised in structured derivatives, private equity and managed investment products at Macquarie Group and CITIC Capital.
Gary also currently serves as General Counsel for Reorient Group.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of New South Wales.