Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 21: Hong Kong Mandatory Retirement Schemes Trusts - MPF (4th Cohort)
This eCourse will be accessible from 16 August to 4 December 2021.
This is Unit 21 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
This eCourse is developed based on the recorded webinar session of Unit 21 held on 13 May 2021. For participants who plan to take the TTC Part B Examination in December 2021, please ensure you read the latest version of study guide and materials provided via the examination enrolment link.
It consists of one module – Module 30: Trusts as Compulsory Retirement Schemes - MPF.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
1. List the basic rules and provisions for MPF schemes
2. Explain the different types of MPF schemes
3. Describe the licensing and compliance requirements of MPF schemes and Trustees
4. Understand the role and licensing and requirements for Custodians, Sponsors, Intermediaries, Investment Products)
5. Describe the reporting requirements under AML,FATCA, CRS
6. Explain the tax arrangements on MPF schemes and contributions
7. Understand the mandatory arrangements in Australia and Singapore as a comparison
Module 30: Trusts as Compulsory Retirement Schemes - MPF:
1. HK MPF retirement schemes:
(a) MPF regulations
(b) Basic provisions of MPF retirement schemes in HK (including contributions, participation and exemptions from participation, Constituent Funds, Approved Pooled Investment Funds ("APIF") and Default investment Strategy ("DIS"))
(c) Different types of MPF schemes
(d) Licensing and compliance requirements of MPF schemes and Trustees and summary overview of licensing and requirements for custodians, sponsors, intermediaries, investment products
(e) Administration requirements and reporting to MPFA & others e.g. scheme members by trustees
(f) General reporting requirements under AML, FATCA, CRS
(g)Tax with regard to HK MPF schemes
2. International mandatory pension plans comparison (Singapore & Australia)
Who should attend
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter the Trust industry sector.