Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 13: Family Office (4th Cohort)
This eCourse will be accessible from 9 August to 4 December 2021.
This is Unit 13 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
This eCourse is developed based on the recorded webinar session of Unit 13 held on 12 May 2021. For participants who will take the TTC Part B Examination in December 2021, please ensure you read the latest version of study guide and materials provided via the examination enrolment link.
It consists of one module – Module 21: Family Offices Overview.
On completion of the course, you will be able to
1. Understand the nature of a family office
2. Explain the requirements for good family office
3. Explain the structure of a family office
4. Explain key governance requirements and why these are necessary
5. Understand how the family office may interact with the trustee and the role of the trustee in providing support for the family office
Module 21: Family Offices Overview
1. The nature of a Family Office
2. The role of a Family Office
3. How a Family Office may be brought into the structuring required
4. The need for good family governance
(a) Family constitutions (requirements and drafting)
(c) Family business management succession criteria
5. Comparison between single family offices and multi family offices and their pros and cons
6. Multi-family office considerations
Who should attend
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter the Trust industry sector.