Overview of PWM Markets: Hong Kong, Mainland China and Asia-Pacific
This course is now retired and closed for enrolment. The updated version (with Module 2 updated) is now released. Click here for details.
This eCourse consists of three modules which are eSeminars by Private Wealth Management Association (PWMA) for Topic 10 of Paper 2 of the Certified Private Wealth Professional (CPWP) Module 1 Examination.
Module 1 focuses on the recent industry trends and characteristics of private wealth management (PWM) markets in Hong Kong and Asia-Pacific including mainland China. (Part 1: In Cantonese with English subtitle, Part 2: In English with Chinese subtitle)
Module 2 examines the issues that private wealth managers should consider when conducting business in mainland China. (In Putonghua with English subtitle)
Module 3 explores PWM products and services available for mainland China PWM customers in both onshore and offshore markets. (In English with Chinese subtitle)
*As these three eSeminars are the only source of materials for preparing CPWP Topic 10 examination, it is highly recommended that you enrol in this course if you intend to take the examination.
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe recent industry trends and emerging challenges for Hong Kong’s private wealth managers
- Identify the key characteristics of Mainland China's financial markets and how they have changed over time
- Describe the trends in the Asia-Pacific PWM industry generally
- Examine the issues affecting Mainland China’s PWM business and analyse how the issues affect customer base of private wealth managers
- Illustrate the legal and regulatory constraints affecting offshore managers conducting business in mainland China
- Describe the role of wealth planning and asset allocation services in enhancing relationships with Chinese HNWIs/UHNWIs
- Compare offshore and onshore investments available to mainland Chinese PWM customers
- Describe a range of China-related products available to international investors interested in the Chinese capital markets.
- Identify in principle the services suitable for Chinese HNWIs/UHNWIs who have offshore assets
Module 1 - Trends and Characteristics of PWM Markets
- Recent industry trends and emerging challenges for Hong Kong’s private wealth managers
- Key characteristics of mainland China customers
- Key products and services in the Asia-Pacific PWM industry
Module 2 - Issues Related to Conducting PWM Business in Mainland China
- Factors affecting China’s PWM market
- Participants of China’s PWM market
- Products and services of China’s PWM market
- Regulatory framework and development of China’s PWM markets
- Initiatives for opening up the China’s financial market
- Wealth planning and asset allocation services in enhancing relationships with Chinese HNWIs/UHNWIs
Module 3 - PWM Products and Services for Mainland Chinese Customers
- China onshore and offshore equity markets and products
- China onshore and offshore bond markets and products
- China onshore and offshore funds and private equity markets and products
- Mutual market
- Serving mainland Chinese PWM customers with offshore assets
- Common onshore available products for Mainland Chinese PWM customers
Who should attend
It is primarily targeted to CPWP candidates who wish to take the CPWP Module 1 Paper 2 Examination. It is also relevant to those PWM practitioners who would like to enhance their industry knowledge in wealth management.
If you've already enrolled in the examination and would like to enrol in the training programme, please contact us via email ([email protected]) or tel. on 3120 6100.