DCASS Course 1 – Understanding of Derivatives Clearing (eCourse)
Derivatives Clearing And Settlement System (DCASS) is a fully electronic and automated clearing and settlement system that comprises the core derivatives clearing and settlement functionality, the margining engine, and has the capability to support various types of derivatives products such as Equities, Currencies and Commodities.
To enable the Clearing Participants to effectively use the system, HKEX has developed 3 courses to provide the basic knowledge of the clearing and settlement system.
Course 1 – Understanding of Derivatives Clearing
Course 2 – DCASS Terminal Training
Course 3 – CCMS Training
This course provides a general understanding of the derivatives clearing and settlement system and management.
This course is with Cantonese narration and supplemented with English materials.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the background of Clearing House, its participants and types of Clearing House contracts
- Distinguish different DCASS accounts and describe their features
- Explain DCASS functions
- Explain the settlement services provided by HKCC and SEOCH
- Identify the situation and steps to carry out capital adjustments
- Describe CCMS functions and the acceptable collateral types under CCMS
1. The Overview of Clearing House
2. Clearing Services
3. Settlement Services
4. Special Event - Capital Adjustment
5. Collateral Management
Who should attend
Responsible officers, operations staff (in particular back office settlement staff), sales staff and account executives of brokerage firms.