Regulatory Update Series
[Webinar] Enhancements to the Open-ended Fund Companies Regime – A Regulator’s Perspective
Since the implementation of the open-ended fund companies (OFC) regime in 2018, the SFC has kept the OFC regime in Hong Kong under regular review. In light of the latest market and international regulatory developments and feedback received from the industry, the SFC has made some enhancements to the OFC regime to further encourage more private funds to set up in Hong Kong.
This seminar aims to facilitate the participants’ understanding of this fund product structure and the latest enhancements to the regime which took effect on 11 September 2020.
By the end of the seminar, participants will be able to understand:
- The background and regulatory framework of the OFC regime
- The benefits of adopting the OFC structure
- The latest enhancements made to the OFC regime
1. Background of the OFC regime
2. Legal and regulatory components
3. Structure and governance model
4. Establishment and post-establishment matters
5. Benefits of adopting the OFC structure
6. Enhancements to the OFC regime
Who should attend
The seminar is primarily targeted to fund managers, asset managers, securities brokers, tax practitioners and investors who would like to have a better understanding of and latest update on the OFC regime.