[Webinar] Avoiding Dubious Arrangements and Transactions
Asset managers should be wary of red flags for dubious private fund and discretionary account arrangements or transactions. They should focus on substance over form throughout the entire process of operation. This training highlights the expected standard of conduct of asset managers and their senior management when structuring private funds or discretionary accounts and effecting transactions.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to know:
1. The key principles of General Code of Conduct (GP1 & GP2) for asset managers
2. The red flags for dubious private fund and discretionary account arrangements or transactions
3. How to balance out the scenario of structuring private funds or discretionary accounts without contradicting investor’s objectives
- The principles under the General Code of Conduct that are applicable to asset managers
- Red flags for dubious private fund and discretionary account arrangements or transactions
- Expected standard of conduct of asset managers
- Proper procedures of asset managers to conduct transactions, namely, initial screening, detailed due diligence, senior management assessment and decision, and documentation
- Case studies
Who should attend
Asset managers and their senior management who are managing private fund and discretionary account arrangements or transactions; compliance staff; auditors and wealth management staff.
Financial Incentive Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
Eligible in-service practitioners of the financial services industry could apply for a reimbursement up to 80% of the course / seminar fees, or a maximum of HK$10,000 per person throughout the period of 1 October 2016 to 31 March 2023 upon satisfactory completion.
Each individual may apply for reimbursement for more than one course / seminar subject to a maximum of HK$10,000 but each course / seminar can only be reimbursed once.
The duly signed application form together with the FIVE supporting documents must be submitted within FOUR months from the last day of the course / seminar attended. Please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website for more details.