[Webinar] Account Opening Documentation and Procedures
This course aims to provide practitioners a general understanding of the relevant regulatory requirements, procedures, documentation and other related issues for account opening.
1. SFC regulations applicable to account opening procedures:
- Securities & Futures Ordinance
- Client Securities Rules
- Keeping of Records Rules
- Code of Conduct for Licensed or Registered Persons
- Client Identity Rule Policy
- Guidance Note on Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
2. Account opening documentation: Know-your-client Checklist, Client Agreement and Risk Disclosure Statements
3. Specific group of clients
- Non-face-to-face account opening by online brokers
- One-off disposal of IPO securities
- Account opening for employees of SFC licensed or registered intermediaries
- Professional investors
Who should attend
This course is mainly targeted to financial services practitioners who have a role to carry out the client account opening procedures. It is also relevant to those who have a role to monitor the account opening procedures or to ensure compliance.
Please note: This webinar will be delivered via WebEx. To qualify for CPT/OPT hours, participants are required to attend the full webinar.
You may want to check if WebEx works on your device prior to enrolment, click HERE to test.