[Webinar] Developing an International Derivatives Hub in Asia
Hong Kong has a unique opportunity to extend its relevance in introducing a global product offering for international market players. While our HSI and HSCEI futures and options serve a global audience, HKEX has had limited experience in offering additional risk management tools that are relevant to global investors. With our introduction of MSCI Asia and EM derivatives, HKEX and the financial industry in Hong Kong can:
1) Offer international products that are relevant.
2) Develop our market towards round the clock trading in derivatives, it is important to have a set up in Asia which can connect the 2 international finance centres New York and London.
This seminar compares Hong Kong with our global peers when developing an International Derivatives Hub in Asia Time Zone. The speaker will also explore what the challenges and opportunities are for financial professionals with such set up.
By the end of the seminar, participants will be able to understand:
- the need for a derivatives hub in Asia Time Zone
- how the Hong Kong financial industry needs to grow to welcome a global investor base
- the potential for Hong Kong
- Development of global equity index derivatives market
- Global investors and use case profiles
- HKEX – how do we compare with our global peers? Strengths, challenges, opportunities
- A roadmap to catching the global opportunity
Who should attend
Brokers, traders, investors and financial professionals.
Alex is a CFA Charterholder and holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Toronto.
Please note: This webinar will be delivered via WebEx. To qualify for CPT/OPT hours, participants are required to attend the full webinar.
You may want to check if WebEx works on your device prior to enrolment, click HERE to test.