[Webinar] Overview of the Regulatory Framework Under Insurance Ordinance
This course provides a high-level overview of the new regulatory framework after the Insurance Authority commenced direct regulation over insurance intermediaries as from 23 September 2019.
To give practitioners some highlights of the latest regulatory development of the insurance industry.
1. Functions of the Insurance Authority
- Consumer Protection
2. New licensing regime under the Insurance Ordinance
- Activities that may trigger licensing regime
- Types of licences
3. Supervisory guidelines
- Guidelines on the Fit and Proper Criteria
- Guidelines in the Continuing Professional Development for Licensed Insurance Intermediaries
- Conduct requirements for intermediaries
I. Code of Conduct for Licensed Insurance Brokers
II. Code of Conduct for Licensed Insurance Agents
4. Enforcement - Guidelines on exercising power to impose pecuniary penalty in respect of regulated persons under the Insurance Ordinance
5. Consumer protection - Complaint handling
Who should attend
Front line or back office function of insurance intermediaries
Please note: This webinar will be delivered via WebEx. To qualify for CPT/OPT hours, participants are required to attend the full webinar.
You may want to check if WebEx works on your device prior to enrolment, click HERE to test.