Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 21: Hong Kong Mandatory Retirement Schemes Trusts - MPF (eCourse)
This eCourse will be accessible from 13 July 2020 to 23 August 2020.
This is Unit 21 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
This eCourse is developed in relation to the special arrangement for the participants joining the TTC Part B training in June and July 2020. It is prepared based on the recorded version of the last class (face-to-face mode) of Unit 21 done on 6 June 2019. For the participants who will take the TTC Part B Examination in August 2020, you should ensure you read the latest version of study guide and materials provided via the examination enrolment link.
It consists of one module – Module 30: Trusts as Compulsory Retirement Schemes - MPF.
This eCourse has divided Module 30 into two parts. For each part, you must watch the recorded video and then pass the assessment (with unlimited attempts).
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
1. List the basic rules and provisions for MPF schemes
2. Explain the different types of MPF schemes
3. Describe the licensing and compliance requirements of MPF schemes and Trustees
4. Understand the role and licensing and requirements for Custodians, Sponsors, Intermediaries, Investment Products)
5. Describe the reporting requirements under AML,FATCA, CRS
6. Explain the tax arrangements on MPF schemes and contributions
7. Understand the mandatory arrangements in Australia and Singapore as a comparison
Module 30: Trusts as Compulsory Retirement Schemes - MPF:
1. HK MPF retirement schemes:
(a) MPF regulations
(b) Basic provisions of MPF retirement schemes in HK (including contributions, participation and exemptions from participation, Constituent Funds, Approved Pooled Investment Funds ("APIF") and Default investment Strategy ("DIS"))
(c) Different types of MPF schemes
(d) Licensing and compliance requirements of MPF schemes and Trustees and summary overview of licensing and requirements for custodians, sponsors, intermediaries, investment products
(e) Administration requirements and reporting to MPFA & others e.g. scheme members by trustees
(f) General reporting requirements under AML, FATCA, CRS
(g)Tax with regard to HK MPF schemes
2. International mandatory pension plans comparison (Singapore & Australia)
Who should attend
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter the Trust industry sector.
The course is NOT eligible for the financial incentive schemes of the WAM Pilot Programme.
This course has applied for MPF Core CPD accreditation.