Basic Accounting Theories
Building Blocks - Part 4 (2019)
This eCourse consists of three modules. Module 1 describes the calculation of correlation and provides some examples of how it is applied in the financial world.
Module 2 outlines the purpose and uses of regression analysis and provides practical instruction on ordinary least squares (OLS), its properties, derivation, and calculation.
Module 3 looks at the concept of volatility and how it is assessed and estimated.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the concept of correlation
- Calculate the correlation coefficient between two variables
- Recall the concept of regression analysis
- Calculate the relationships between variables using regression analysis
- Recognize the significance of market volatility
- Identify the main methods for estimating volatility
Module 1: Correlation Analysis
Topic 1: Calculating Correlation
Topic 2: Use of the Correlation Coefficient in Practice
Module 2: Regression Analysis
Topic 1: Uses of Regression Analysis
Topic 2: Regression Analysis Calculations
Module 3: Volatility Estimation
Topic 1: Introduction to Volatility
Topic 2: Approaches to Volatility Estimation