Update on Remote Account Opening and the Guidelines on Online Distribution and Advisory Platform
This course aims to provide practitioners an overview of the new SFC circulars and guidelines on remote account opening and online distribution and advisory platform.
1. Account opening in general
2. Circulars issued by the SFC on 28 June 2019
- Circular 1: Amendments to Paragraph 5.1 of the Code of Conduct
and launch of a designated webpage.
- Circular 2: Remote onboarding of overseas individual clients.
Overseas Client Onboarding Procedural Steps
Guidelines on Online Distribution and Advisory Platform
Effective in July 2019
1. Core Principles involved
2. Complex or non-complex products
3. Ensuring suitability in the sale of complex product online
Who should attend
This course is mainly targeted to front line staff who involved in product selling and client onboarding. It is also applicable to middle office and compliance department practitioners working in SFC licensed corporations.
Mr Lee obtained his BCom/LLB from University of New South Wales and MBA from University of South Australia. He is a member of Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia and senior fellow of the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute.