High Yield and Complex Bonds
This course will outline the basic structure, features and risks of High Yield and Complex bonds. There will be a focus on Contingent Convertible bonds (CoCos) concerning how they are structured and function. It will also review the SFC & HKMA Complex Products requirements when selling high yield and complex bonds.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify high yield and complex bonds
- Explain the special features of high yield and complex bonds
- Describe the main risks when investing in these higher-risk securities
- List the regulatory (SFC & HKMA) requirements when selling high yield and complex bonds.
1. Complex and High Yield (HY) Bonds.
2. Risks and selling considerations with Complex/HY Bonds
3. Bonds with complex or special features
4. Contingent Convertible bonds (CoCos)
5. SFC & HKMA Complex Products requirements for selling Complex and HY bonds
Who should attend
Licensed intermediaries who want to understand about high yield and complex bonds and may need to explain more about these higher-risk securities to their clients.
Following 8 years in the UK, he moved to Asia in 1991, working for a large international investment bank and later became the Head of Investment Advisory Group of their Private Bank in Hong Kong. Most recently, he was the Head of Investment Services, Advisory and Discretionary for two boutique Swiss private banks.
Mr. James obtained an Honors business degree from Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo Canada, and an MBA from the University of Toronto, Toronto Canada.