Trade Finance - Part 3 (2019)
This eCourse consists of three modules. Module 1 describes different forms of finance that are used to meet the needs of exporters and importers involved in international trade – existing bank facilities, invoice discounting, factoring, forfaiting, and supply chain finance (SCF). It also examines the importance of export credit insurance provided by commercial insurers and export credit agencies (ECAs).
Module 2 looks at the role played by export credit agencies in addressing the difficulties posed by the cost and availability of finance and insurance to entities carrying out international trade.
Module 3 describes the concept of structured trade finance in detail and how it differs from traditional trade finance. You will also learn about the different types of structured trade finance solutions and the role of the different lending institutions involved.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize that the provision of trade credit creates a financing need and that this need differs for exporters and importers
- Identify the different types of export and import finance
- Recognize the role of export credit insurance in international trade
- List the functions of export credit agencies (ECAs)
- Recognize the different ways in which ECAs provide financial assistance to exporters
- Recognize the concept of structured trade finance and how it differs from traditional trade finance
- Recognize the different solutions offered by structured trade finance providers
- Identify the lifecycle of commodity transactions, the underlying products and how they can be used in structured trade finance products
Module 1: Export & Import Finance
Topic 1: Overview of Export & Import Finance
Topic 2: Export & Import Finance Options
Topic 3: Export Credit Insurance
Module 2: Export Credit Agencies (ECAs)
Topic 1: Export Credit Agencies (ECAs)
Topic 2: ECAs – Products
Module 3: Structured Trade Finance
Topic 1: Structured Trade Finance (STF)
Topic 2: STF Transactions in Practice
Topic 3: Commodity Finance