The Future of Private Markets & Alternative Assets: Market Dynamics and the Impact of Digitisation
Private Markets are a strongly growing sector in Asset Management and Private Wealth Management. This session provides deeper insights into the developments shaping current and future opportunities in this asset class.
By the end of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Understand the changing nature of Alternative Assets and Private Markets and their growing importance in institutional and private wealth portfolios
- Explore the macroeconomic and geopolitical factors driving further growth of the asset class
- Analyse how the sector is starting to close its lag in digitisation and the role of blockchain
- Realise the future access to Private Markets for retail investors and the overlap with securities
- Identify the opportunities provided by these developments
1. Introduction to Private Markets
2. Market overview and dynamics
3. Current and future growth drivers
4. Digitisation of alternative, illiquid assets
5. The retail opportunity for Alternative assets
6. Summary and outlook
Who should attend
Professionals in Wealth Management, Asset Management and Investment Services
Financial Incentive Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
This is one of the eligible courses under the Financial Incentive Scheme (“The Scheme”) of the WAM Pilot Programme.
In-service practitioners of the financial services industry will be eligible for the Scheme. They will be reimbursed 80% of the course fees, subject to a maximum of HK$7,000 (whichever is the lower) upon satisfactory completion of a course or seminar over the three-year period of the Scheme.
Each individual may apply for reimbursement for more than one course / seminar.
Application to reimburse the course fees, together with the required documents, must be submitted within four months from the last day of the course attended.
Please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website for more details.
With his first company started as a student, Florian has seen failure and success as a founder in different sectors. In his corporate career at Credit Suisse and the Boston Consulting Group, he discovered the beauty of capital markets and their inner workings. Today, he operates at the intersection of these two worlds and aims to bring change to a traditional industry by leveraging new technologies.
Florian sits on the FinTech Advisory Board of the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong and he is a founding member of the Hong Kong FinTech Association where he chairs the AI Committee. He holds a PhD in Political Economics, University of Vienna.