Fulfilling Suitability Obligations
This course will discuss the suitability requirement applicable to the sales of investment products under the Code of Conduct for Persons Licensed by or Registered with the Securities and Futures Commission.
To promote awareness and enhance understanding of suitability requirement.
1. Classification of investment products — non-complex or complex product.
2. What is product suitability?
3. Conducting customer risk profiling.
4. Matching customer risk profiling to products offered to clients.
5. Documents and disclosure to clients.
6. Guideline on Online Distribution and Advisory Platforms
Who should attend
Practitioners in the securities industry, and operation officers who perform checking of customer risk profiling questionnaires.
Financial Incentive Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
Eligible in-service practitioners of the financial services industry could apply for reimbursement of 80% of the course fees, subject to a maximum of HK$7,000 (whichever is lower) upon satisfactory completion of a course / seminar / conference over the three-year period of the Scheme.
Each individual may apply for reimbursement for more than one course / seminar / conference.
Application to reimburse the course fees, together with the required documents, must be submitted within four months from the last day of the course / seminar / conference attended. Please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website for more details.