Compliance, Legislative & Regulatory Standards
Remedial: Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 17: Trusts and Issues for PRC Nationals (PM session)
This is Unit 17 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
It consists of one module – Module 26: Trusts and Issues for PRC Nationals.
For the topics to cover, please refer to the content section below.
- PRC trusts compared with common law trusts
- Types of trusts required (family, business succession, Pre-IPO, dual family, etc.)
- Challenges of compliance requirements, e.g. KYC, AML, SOF, etc.
- Special issues of dual nationality and consequences
- US foreign grantor trusts and Canada trusts
- Trusts and PRC nationals – onshore versus offshore PRC trusts and compliance considerations
- Overview of tax provisions:
(a) PRC nationals as settlors and beneficiaries
(b) PRC settlors with US beneficiaries
Who should attend
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner? designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter.