Financial Products & Associated Risk Management
HKEX OTC Derivatives Seminar: Global Regulatory Agenda, China Open-up and the Impact on Asia for Derivatives
Following the credit crisis in 2008, the Group of Twenty (G20) made an agreement to mitigate systemic risk from over-to-counter (OTC) derivatives. Global regulatory reforms are ongoing to rebuild the credibility of financial markets. Our seminar will discuss the current market landscape as well as insights from regulatory reforms and China market for OTC derivatives.
1. Key note: China development and market update
- QFII / RQFII entities
- Access to CNY market by offshore investors
- Hedging tools for CNY underlying instruments
2. Key note: The market impact of unclear margin rules
- Regulatory update of unclear margin rules
- Impact on trading and operations
- Challenges to meet the regulatory requirements
3. Key note: Benchmark reform
- The future of LIBOR: what you need to know
- Risk-free reference rates
- Time for banks and corporates to act on benchmark reform
4. Panel: Global OTC market reform, important issues impacted by benchmark reform and how to develop deep and liquid China inbound and outbound markets.
- Benchmark reform – net steps for treasurers
- China market opening up and opportunities
- Regulatory environment for OTC derivatives
Who should attend
Target to industrial practitioners in banking, securities, wealth management, asset management, hedge fund, sell side, buy side, issuers, treasurers and industry influencers.