Insider Dealing and Other Market Misconduct Offences
This course aims to refresh participants, through illustration of actual real life examples, on the key issues relating to insider dealing, market manipulation and Disclosure of False & Misleading Information.
1. Civil or criminal proceedings in relation to Market Misconduct
2. Definition of insider dealing and defenses
3. Definition of market manipulation
4. Definition of false & misleading information
5. Safe Harbor Rules
6. Compensation to affected investors via Section 213 of the Securities & Futures Ordinance
7. Disciplinary action on licensed/registered individuals
Who should attend
The course is mainly targeted to those practitioners who would like to refresh their knowledge and to better understand the key issues relating to insider dealing and market manipulation.