Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 17: Trusts and Issues for PRC Nationals
This is Unit 17 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
It consists of one module – Module 26: Trusts and Issues for PRC Nationals.
For the topics to cover, please refer to the content section below.
- PRC trusts compared with common law trusts
- Types of trusts required (family, business succession, Pre-IPO, dual family, etc.)
- Challenges of compliance requirements, e.g. KYC, AML, SOF, etc.
- Special issues of dual nationality and consequences
- US foreign grantor trusts and Canada trusts
- Trusts and PRC nationals – onshore versus offshore PRC trusts and compliance considerations
- Overview of tax provisions:
(a) PRC nationals as settlors and beneficiaries
(b) PRC settlors with US beneficiaries
Who should attend
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner? designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter.
Mark is active in providing advisory works both to governments and families with international members. Mark advised the Government of Singapore with regard to the Trustees Act of Singapore. He originated the proposals for changes to the Trust Law of Hong Kong and advised on such changes. He advised the Malaysian Government on changes to the laws of Labuan, including Trust Law, Foundations Law and Limited Partnership Law. He remains an international adviser to that government. He advised the Government of Samoa on and has drafted new Trust Law, new Foundations Law and a new Trustee Companies Bill and has advised on and drafted changes to other relevant laws in consequence.
Mark taught a course on international estate planning, including the use of trusts and foundations, as Adjunct Professor of Law at the National University of Singapore for 10 years. He is teaching a similar course in Samoa.