This eCourse consists of two modules. Module 1 looks at the different issuer and investor options and their associated costs and benefits. It also covers how to develop complex models which may be used to price embedded options.
Module 2 looks at how inflation arises, how investors can manage inflation risk using inflation-linked securities, and the structures used with these instruments.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the different issuer and investor options and their associated costs and benefits
- Recognize the problems valuing embedded option and illustrate how a binomial-tree may be used to price them
- Recognize the phenomenon inflation in modern economies
- Recall how inflation-linked securities man help investors manage inflation risk
- Identify the key structures used with inflation-linked securities
Module 1: Option-Linked Securities
Topic 1: Basics of Embedded Options
Topic 2: Valuation of Option-Linked Securities
Module 2: Inflation-Linked Securities
Topic 1: Inflation
Topic 2: Inflation-Linked Securities
Topic 3: Inflation-Linked Structures