Green Finance for Wealth and Asset Management (“WAM”) Professionals
Green Finance for Wealth and Asset Management (“WAM”) Professionals is a joint training programme offered by Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency (“HKQAA”) and Hong Kong Securities and Investment (“HKSI”) Institute.
This training aims to equip the WAM professionals with the knowhow in Green Finance, including its key features, latest development and management framework, so that they can be better prepared for the opportunities and challenges introduced by Green Finance . In addition, the investment risks related to environmental and social impact as well as green washing can be managed with improved understanding of external review mechanisms which may be used as a risk management tool.
The programme consists of two parts:
A) Training modules:
1. Introduction to Green Finance and global trend
2. Green Finance: principles and concepts
- Equator Principles,
- ICMA Green Bond Principles,
- LMA/APLMA Green Loan Principles and
- UNEP Sustainable Development Goals
3. HKQAA Green Finance Certification Scheme: requirements and certification process
4. Opportunities and challenges of Green Finance for WAM Industry:
- Portfolio management,
- Impact assessment and stakeholder engagement,
- Risk management
5. Green Finance Framework
B) Examination outline:
1. Basic principles and definition
2. Use of proceeds
3. Evaluation and selection of projects
4. Management of proceeds
6. HKQAA Green Finance Certification
Who should attend
1. WAM professionals who promote financial products to investors
2. Investment risk management specialists who help investors control the risks involved in investments
3. Those who are interested to embark on their career in the Green Finance business
Financial Incentive Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
Eligible in-service practitioners of the financial services industry could apply for reimbursement of 80% of the course fees, subject to a maximum of HK$7,000 (whichever is lower) upon satisfactory completion of a course / seminar / conference over the three-year period of the Scheme.
Each individual may apply for reimbursement for more than one course / seminar / conference.
Application to reimburse the course fees, together with the required documents, must be submitted within four months from the last day of the course / seminar / conference attended. Please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website for more details.
Mr. Ting holds a master degree in Quality Management and he is a Chartered Quality Professional in UK. He dedicates himself to advocate organizational performance improvement through implementation of management systems. Recently, he is actively involved in green finance which helps organisations to raise fund for green projects, build green image and reach out to green investors. He introduced HKQAA Green Finance Certification scheme to major banks in Hong Kong as well as various green and financial associations.
In addition, he is a qualified Green Finance Assessor. He has performed assessments for certification of green bonds and green loan issued by financial institutions and private company.
- The fees include 5 training modules (3 hours each) plus an examination (1.5 hours)
- The training modules will be delivered in Cantonese (Supplemented with English course materials)
- 29 March 2019 is the examination (In English, paper-based)