Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 2: Types of Trusts and When Appropriate
This is Unit 2 of the traning programme in pursuing the "Trust Training Certificate".
It consists of two modules:
Module 4: Types of Trusts and their uses
Module 5: Retention of control
For the topics to cover, please refer to the content section below.
If the participant is intended to pursue the "Trust Training Certificate", he / she is required to take "TTC Unit 1: Introduction to Trusts" prior to attending this unit.
Types of Trust and their uses
- Protective Trust
- Charitable Trust
- Non-Charitable Purpose Trust
- Investment vehicle in the form of a trust
- Pension Trust
- Employee Benefit Trust (e.g. employee stock ownership)
- Discretionary (and Letters of Wishes)
- Bare Trusts, Declaration of Trust, Two-party Trust (Co-fiduciary Trust)
- Fixed Interest Trust
- Revocable or Irrevocable Trust
- Resulting Trust / Constructive Trust
Retention of control
- Reserved Power Trust
- Private Trust Company’s
- Use of VISTA / LST / SISTA trusts
- Trust / Limited Partnership structure
Who should attend
This course is primarily targeted to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter into the Trust industry sector.