Operational Risk Management - Part 2
This eCourse consists of two modules on operational risk. Module 1 looks in detail at tools and techniques for assessing and managing operational risk.
Module 2 provides an overview of how and why operational risk management emerged as a separate risk discipline, how it has evolved subsequently, and how it could be affected by emerging risks. It also looks at some high-profile operational risk events that have resulted in bank failures, fines, and/or losses and the lessons learned from these events.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the main tools and techniques used by banks at each stage of the operational risk management cycle – identify, assess, manage, and monitor
- Recognize the role of other tools and techniques such as business continuity planning (BCP) and insurance in operational risk management.
- Identify the main factors that led to the emergence and development of operational risk management in banking
- Recognize the key lessons to be learned from some high-profile operational risk failures
- Identify the main emerging risks that banks are facing and their potential impact
Module 1: Operational Risk – Tools & Techniques
Topic 1: Tools & Techniques for Identifying Operational Risk
Topic 2: Tools & Techniques for Assessing Operational Risk
Topic 3: Tools & Techniques for Managing Operational Risk
Topic 4: Tools & Techniques for Monitoring Operational Risk
Topic 5: Other Operational Risk Tools & Techniques
Module 2: Operational Risk – Developments & Emerging Risks
Topic 1: Evolution & Development of Operational Risk Management
Topic 2: Lessons Learned from Operational Risk Management Failures
Topic 3: Emerging Risks