Operational Risk Management - Part 1
This eCourse consists of two modules on operational risk. Module 1 introduces the concept of operational risk, including the difficulties in defining it and distinguishing between the many categories and subcategories of operational risk. The tutorial also provides an overview of the key elements of a bank’s risk management framework (RMF) for operational risk.
Module 2 looks at the various measures used to quantify operational risk, the challenges and issues associated with the measurement of operational risk, and the reporting of such measures.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define operational risk and recognize the many sources of operational risk for a typical banking institution
- Identify the key components of the risk management framework required for the effective identification, measurement, and management of operational risk
- Identify the key issues associated with the measurement of operational risk
- Calculate regulatory capital for operational risk
- Recognize the importance of operational risk reporting and the different types of report that banks produce
Module 1: Operational Risk - An Introduction
Topic 1: Overview of Operational Risk
Topic 2: Risk Management Framework for Operational Risk
Module 2: Operational Risk – Measurement & Reporting
Topic 1: Measuring Operational Risk
Topic 2: Capital Calculations for Operational Risk
Topic 3: Reporting Operational Risk