Financial Products & Associated Risk Management
Budgeting and Financial Management - Part 3
This eCourse consists of two modules. Module 1 outlines the financial planning process and shows how models can be used to forecast a firm's future financial performance.
Module 2 focuses on the types of short-term assets and liabilities owned by a company and how the company can most efficiently use them. It also illustrates how short-term funding requirements can be met.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what financial planning is
- Identify the main components of a typical financial plan
- Explain the role of modelling in financial planning
- Explain the importance of working capital management
- Calculate a firm's working investment need
- List the causes and risks of overtrading
Module 1: Financial Planning
Topic 1: What is Financial Planning?
Topic 2: Components of a Financial Plan
Topic 3: Forecasting
Topic 4: Uses of Models in Financial Planning
Module 2: Working Capital Management
Topic 1: The Cash Conversion Cycle
Topic 2: Working Investment
Topic 3: Working Capital
Topic 4: Shortening the Cash Conversion Cycle