Asset Allocation - Part 2
This eCourse consists of three modules. Module 1 is a video that provides a broad overview of the different asset classes available to investors. Both key characteristics of both mainstream assets, such bonds are equities, and alternative assets, such as currencies and commodities, are described in detail.
Module 2 examines the importance of diversifying across asset classes in order to achieve an optimal risk/return trade-off as proposed by modern portfolio theory.
Module 3 examines the main asset classes that are used to diversify an investment portfolio, including equities, fixed income, money market securities, real estate, and alternative assets.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the main characteristics of asset classes and the importance of diversifying a portfolio among these different classes
- Recognize the role modern portfolio theory plays in asset class diversification
- Identify the main features of equities and their subclasses
- List the key types and issuers of fixed income securities
- Recognize the main types of cash and cash equivalents
- Identify the ways investors can gain exposure to the real estate asset class
- List the main types of alternative asset and recognize how some assets can be classified as alternative or mainstream
Module 2: Asset Classes & Investing
Topic 1: Asset Class Exposure & Allocation
Topic 2: Asset Allocation & Modern Portfolio Theory
Module 3: Asset Classes - Types
Topic 1: Equities
Topic 2: Fixed Income
Topic 3: Cash & Cash Alternatives
Topic 4: Real Estate
Topic 5: Alternative Assets