HKSI Institute Undertakes Role as Implementation Agent for The HKSAR Government’s Asset and Wealth Management Pilot Programme
Hong Kong, 29 August 2016 –The Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute (“HKSI Institute”) welcomes the announcement of the HKSAR Government on the launch of the Pilot Programme to Enhance Talent Training for the Asset and Wealth Management Sector (“WAM Pilot Programme”).
The WAM Pilot Programme is funded by the HKSAR Government as part of its effort to facilitate the long-term sustainable development of the sector. It will last three years, targeting at undergraduate students and in-service practitioners, with a view to attracting new blood and enhancing the professional competency of the sector.
The WAM Pilot Programme’s objectives are
- To promote the industry with particular focus on students and graduates by allowing them to better understand the full spectrum of functional posts and career prospects of different sub-sectors within the sector
- To attract and expand the talent pool for middle and back offices such as risk management, compliance and operations
- To enhance the competency and professionalism of in-service practitioners within the WAM sector for career advancement
- To assist other practitioners within the financial services industry, particularly those working in small and medium sized institutions, to acquire the knowledge and skills required for entering the asset and wealth management field
“We are pleased to partner with the Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau (FSTB) of the HKSAR Government on this WAM Pilot Programme. The HKSI Institute is geared to launch a range of projects in collaboration with local universities, industry associations and financial institutions in the coming years through various initiatives driven by the HKSAR Government,” said Mr John Maguire, Chairman of the HKSI Institute.
“The programme objectives align with HKSI Institute’s aspiration and commitment to nurture globally competitive local talent to drive forward Hong Kong’s role as a leading international financial centre, and we are proud to be an important part of this journey,” Mr Maguire added.
The WAM Pilot Programme has three initiatives which are specifically designed for promoting the WAM industry to the younger generation, expanding the talent pool and enhancing the skills and knowledge of financial services practitioners:
- Promotion and Education, aimed at undergraduate students
- Internship Programme, tailored for non-final year undergraduate students
- Financial Incentive Scheme for Professional Training, for in-service practitioners from across the financial services industry
For details of the WAM Pilot Programme, including the avenues to participate in this initiative, please visit its website at http://www.wamtalent.org.hk.
About the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute (HKSI Institute)
Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute is a professional membership organisation established in 1997 by leaders in the securities and investment industry with the support of the Securities and Futures Commission and Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited. The HKSI Institute champions professional standards of excellence in Hong Kong’s financial services industry and contributes to Hong Kong’s role as a leading international financial centre. We offer a comprehensive programme of high quality professional training, events and internationally recognised examinations, and a relevant membership community to empower individuals in achieving their professional goals.