To be eligible for registration as a candidate of the CIIA® Final Examination, applicants must meet the requirements of either the DPE/PDFM Route or the EQC Route, as described below:
1. The DPE / PDFM Route
- Applicants who have completed all 3 Papers of the HKSI Diploma Programme Examination (DPE), or all 7 Modules of the HKSI Institute Professional Diploma in Financial Markets (PDFM) may proceed directly to the CIIA Final Examination. They must pass both Exam 1 and Exam 2 of the CIIA Final Examination within FIVE years from the month of their first eligible examination session.
- Applicants who have completed the generic papers, which are equivalent to the CIIA Foundation Examination, of the DPE (i.e. Papers 1 and 3) and/or the PDFM (i.e. Modules 1, 2, 3, 6, and 7) may also proceed directly to the CIIA Final Examination. They must pass both Exam 1 and Exam 2 of the CIIA Final Examination within FIVE years from the month of their first eligible examination session. They will also need to complete the regulatory paper(s), which are equivalent to the CIIA National Examination, of the DPE (i.e. DPE Paper 2) within their 3-year DPE registration period or the PDFM (i.e. PDFM Modules 4 and 5) within their 5-year PDFM registration period.
These two categories of applicants are exempt from taking the CIIA Foundation and National Examinations.
2. The EQC Route
The ACIIA has approved the extension of the "Experienced Qualified Candidate" (EQC) Scheme for five years from July 2012 to June 2017. Under the EQC Route, individuals who meet the following requirements will be exempt from taking the CIIA Foundation and National Examinations and are eligible to proceed directly to the CIIA Final Examination:
- HKSI Ordinary Members/Fellows/Honorary Fellows; or
- *Applicants with suitable academic/professional qualifications recognised by the HKSI Institute.
EQCs must pass both Exam 1 and Exam 2 within THREE years from the month of their first eligible examination session. Training courses, including a Crash Course, jointly organised by the HKSI and the School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE) of the City University of Hong Kong, are available for EQCs wishing to take the CIIA Final Examination.
* The HKSI regards the following as an indication of possessing suitable academic/professional qualifications for the EQC route:
- academic qualifications such as Bachelor Degree(s) or above in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, investment management and law; or
- professional qualifications such as CFA, CFPCM, CMA (Australia/ Canada/ US) , ACMA (UK), ACA (England & Wales/ Scotland/ Ireland/ Australia/ New Zealand/ Canada/ South Africa/ Zimbabwe), CPA (HK/ PRC/ Australia/ US) and ACCA (UK); or
- other qualifications recognised and approved by the HKSI.
Registration as a CIIA Registered Candidate
To enrol for CIIA Final Examination for the first time, applicants must register with the HKSI as a CIIA Registered Candidate. Registration Fee of HK$1,000 is charged for CIIA Candidate registration. Please refer to the Registration and Enrolment Guidelines for details of the application procedures.