Advanced Certificate in International and Domestic Wealth Planning (ACIDWP) Examination
The Advanced Certificate in International and Domestic Wealth Planning (ACIDWP) Examination is an examination to help candidates to equip themselves to become a competent wealth planner.
The ACIDWP Examination has been accredited by the Association of International Wealth Management (AIWM), an international professional organisation for wealth managers, portfolio managers, investment advisors, asset managers and trust and estate practitioners worldwide, as being equivalent to Paper 3 of the Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM) Final Examination. The ACIDWP Examination offers candidates an option to obtain the CIWM designation by completing Paper 1 and 2 of the CIWM Final Examination and satisfying the CIWM completion requirements.
The examination schedule of the ACIDWP Examination is to be published.
Applicants wishing to enrol for the ACIDWP Examination must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3 years work experience; and
- Possess any one of the followings:
- Passes in all of the following HKSI Institute Professional Diploma in Financial Markets (PDFM) Modules:
Module 1 – Economics;
Module 2 – Financial Markets and Instruments;
Module 3 – Quantitative Methods and Accounting for Finance;
Module 6 – Advanced Investment Analysis; and
Module 7 – Portfolio Management.
- Holder of an undergraduate or master degree in investment and finance from a recognised university.
- Recognised professional qualification(s) in investment and finance.
Applicants who do not fully meet the above criteria will be considered by the HKSI Institute on a case-by-case basis.
Please download the Examination Syllabus.
Examination Structure and Fee
- Language: English
- Number of questions: 18 multiple-choice questions and 1 short-essay question
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Total mark: 90
- Pass mark: 60%
- Examination Fee: HK$14,350 for first attempt; HK$3,640 for re-attempt (also applies to those who previously enrolled for CIWM Final Examination Paper 3)
The reference materials will be sent to the candidates by email after they have successfully enrolled for the ACIDWP Examination.
Candidates who have passed the examination will be awarded a certificate issued by the HKSI Institute.