Hong Kong International Computer Conference 2019 (19-20 November 2019)
The Hong Kong International Computer Conference (HKICC) is an annual flagship event organised by the Hong Kong Computer Society (HKCS) since 1978 and is one of the best and most popular ICT conferences in Hong Kong. It brings together ICT professionals and experts, government leaders and business executives from local and abroad to share and discuss the latest trends of ICT innovations and developments in enhancing business opportunities and productivity.
The theme of the Hong Kong Computer Society’s 2019 Hong Kong International Computer Conference (HKICC) is “Greater Bay Area – Building a Bright Digital Future”. The Greater Bay Area (GBA) is probably one of the most significant national economic development strategies in recent years. Earlier this year, China released an outline development plan for the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, aiming to develop the region into “a role model of high-quality development.”
With a total combined population close to 70 million, and gross domestic product (GDP) of around US$1.5 trillion, GBA has great potential to be a major source of economic growth, particularly in the area of technology and innovation. This offers tremendous opportunities for collaboration and synergies among the GBA cities to create a powerhouse for providing global technology and innovation needs. This annual conference will highlight numerous exciting new developments in digital, including artificial intelligence, cyber security, digital industries, fintech, and emerging technologies, particularly in the GBA area. Advancements in technology and innovation are truly building a bright digital future for Hong Kong, the Greater Bay Area, and beyond.
- Artificial Intelligence – This parallel session covers the latest and most interesting AI developments in this region.
- Digital Industries / Fintech – Digital Industries and Fintech are no doubt among the most exciting and profitable areas in the world of new technologies. Plenty of innovative products and services are released every year to make it easier for both individual and business clients to pay, lend, save, secure, invest or manage money. This parallel session explores the revolution and future of Digital Industries and Fintech.
- Cybersecurity - One of the critical success factors of building a Digital Bay Area. A safe and stable network is of great significance to the development of the Digital Bay Area. With the rapid development of the Internet, cloud computing, and electronic payment, improving cyber security, enhancing critical information systems and data protection become key to the success of the development of a Digital Bay Area.
- Emerging Technologies – The parallel session explores the application of new and emergent technologies which may impact our life and business in the Greater Bay Area. One example is 5G technology which is expected to come into commercial launch within these 2 years. Another example is the Internet of Things which is attracting wider adoption in the region.
CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, CIOs, strategists, trend-setters, innovators, entrepreneurs, IS managers, operation and marketing managers, academics, and executives from the government, business and anyone interested in benefiting from a thriving ICT industry.
Registration Fee (2-Day Conference)
- Early-bird registration for Non-HKCS Member - HK$100
(Early-bird period: Now till 18th Oct 2019)
- Non-HKCS Member非香港電腦學會會員 --- HK$200
*No refund will be made after the ticket is confirmed.
English, some presentations may be conducted in Mandarian.
Agenda & Speakers:
Please refer to hkicc.hkcs.org.hk
*Agenda & Speakers are subject to change without prior notice.