Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 2: Types of Trusts and When Appropriate
This is Unit 2 of the training programme in pursuing the "Trust Training Certificate".
It consists of two modules:
Module 4: Types of Trusts and their uses
Module 5: Retention of control
For the topics to cover, please refer to the content section below.
If the participant is intended to pursue the "Trust Training Certificate", he / she is required to take "TTC Unit 1: Introduction to Trusts" prior to attending this unit.
Types of Trust and their uses
- Protective Trust
- Charitable Trust
- Non-Charitable Purpose Trust
- Investment vehicle in the form of a trust
- Pension Trust
- Employee Benefit Trust (e.g. employee stock ownership)
- Discretionary (and Letters of Wishes)
- Bare Trusts, Declaration of Trust, Two-party Trust (Co-fiduciary Trust)
- Fixed Interest Trust
- Revocable or Irrevocable Trust
- Resulting Trust / Constructive Trust
Retention of control
- Reserved Power Trust
- Private Trust Company’s
- Use of VISTA / LST / SISTA trusts
- Trust / Limited Partnership structure
This course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue the "Trust Training Certificate" in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees' Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter into the Trust industry sector.