10 Years after the Global Financial Crisis – Where are we now as an industry?
Get up close and personal with Mr Weber Lo for his observations and insights of the past, present and future of the banking industry.
2007: To review what happened before, during and after the crisis
- What was the implication to the banking industry
- How did this happen and how come no one saw this coming
- What we saw in Hong Kong, particularly for Citi and Weber’s experience
2017: To explore some of the challenges that we face in Hong Kong for the banking industry as a whole. How should we position ourselves?
- Role of the physical branch vs digital platform
- Banking vs FinTech / Non-FI
- Hong Kong vs other markets
2017 and beyond: Citi’s vision for the future of Banking
- Will banks disappear
- What roles will the banking industry serve in the future
- What we believe will happen, and how it would impact our operation and people