Anti-Money Laundering (AML): Asia-Pacific (APAC) Edition
It is more important than ever to join the global fight against money laundering and terrorist financing as the money laundered are fuelled by serious and society-damaging crimes, such as fraud, bribery and corruption, drug trafficking and more.
This course will help you to understand what anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) are, identify red flags, and recognise the AML/CTF organisations that cover the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe money laundering and terrorist financing
- Identify the importance of KYC and define what is meant by a 'risk-based approach'
- Explain the purpose of financial sanctions and give examples of key bodies that may impose them
- Identify money laundering/terrorist financing red flags and describe how to escalate concerns
- Describe key money laundering and terrorist financing risks relevant to the APAC region
- List examples of AML/CTF organisations that cover the APAC region
- List examples of penalties for APAC AML/CTF regulatory breaches
Module 1: Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Fundamentals*
- Introduction to AML and CTF
- Customer Due Diligence
- Reg flags and reporting
- Mission debrief and regulatory penalties
Module 2 : Anti-Money Laundering (AML) in Asia-Pacific (APAC)*
- Mission briefing
- AML/CTF cases in the APAC region
- Preventing money laundering
- Mission debrief
Module 3: Anti-Money Laundering (AML): Country Guides
- AML regulations and guidelines of different regions
*Mandatory parts to complete