Types of Trusts and When Appropriate
This is Unit 2 of the training programme in pursuing the "Trust Training Certificate".
It consistes of two modules:
- Module 4: Types of Trusts and their uses
- Module 5: Retention of control
For the topics to cover, please refer to the content section below.
If the participant is intended to pursue the "Trust Training Certificate", he / she is required to take "Introduction to Trusts" prior to attending this unit.
Types of Trust and their uses
- Protective Trust
- Charitable Trust
- Non-Charitable Purpose Trust
- Investment vehicle in the form of a trust
- Pension Trust
- Employee Benefit Trust (e.g. employee stock ownership)
- Discretionary (and Letters of Wishes)
- Bare Trusts, Declaration of Trust, Two-party Trust (Co-fiduciary Trust)
- Fixed Interest Trust
- Revocable or Irrevocable Trust
- Resulting Trust / Constructive Trust
Retention of control
- Reserved Power Trust
- Private Trust Company’s
- Use of VISTA / LST / SISTA trusts
- Trust / Limited Partnership structure
Who should attend
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue the "Trust Training Certificate" in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees' Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter into the Trust industry sector.
Financial Incentive Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
This is one of the eligible courses under the Financial Incentive Scheme (“The Scheme”) of the WAM Pilot Programme.
In-service practitioners of the financial services industry will be eligible for the Scheme. They will be reimbursed 80% of the course fees, subject to a maximum of HK$7,000 (whichever is the lower) upon satisfactory completion of a course or seminar over the three-year period of the Scheme.
Each individual may apply for reimbursement for more than one course / seminar.
Application to reimburse the course fees, together with the required documents, must be submitted within four months from the last day of the course attended.
Please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website for more details.