Important Notes when accessing HKSI Institute website and ePlatform
By accessing the website (“website”) and ePlatform (“ePlatform”) of the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute (“HKSI Institute”) or any of its webpages (“webpage(s)”) and ePlatform, you unconditionally agree to be bound by the terms and conditions hereunder and as they may be modified and/or supplemented from time to time by HKSI Institute without prior notice to you. Please check this webpage regularly for any modifications and/or supplements which may be made.
The Online Portal, online enrolment service, online payment service and eCourse service are hereinafter collectively called the " eServices" or “ePlatform” which includes following HKSI Institute online services, namely,
- Online Portal;
- online enrolment service (hereinafter called the "OES") for:
- events or activities held by HKSI Institute;
- courses/ eCourses offered in the ePlatform;
- online payment service;
- eCourse service.
- Limitation of liability
- HKSI Institute will use reasonable endeavors to ensure the accuracy of any information placed on the website and ePlatform but HKSI Institute does not guarantee the accuracy and reliability of the information thereon.
- The information provided on the website and ePlatform is for general information only and is provided on an "AS IS" and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any express or implied warranty of any kind and may be changed at any time without any prior notice.
- In no event shall HKSI Institute be liable for any errors, omissions, misstatements or misrepresentations (whether express or implied) concerning any such information. HKSI Institute shall neither have nor accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) for any party’s any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation to any incidental or consequential loss, destruction or damage) howsoever resulting from use, misuse or inability to use of any information provided on or through this website and ePlatform or arising from any errors, omissions, misstatements or misrepresentations (whether express or implied) concerning any such information or arising from any decision, action or inaction based on or in reliance on any such information.
- Third party content
- This website and ePlatform may contain contents contributed by any parties other than HKSI Institute (“Third Parties”). To facilitate access to information provided by or via Third Parties, HKSI Institute may provide or assist in providing links to external websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. HKSI Institute hereby states and declares that it has not approved or endorsed the contents contributed by Third Parties on this website and ePlatform or any external websites linked thereto.
- The provision of any such contents or links to external websites shall not constitute any form of co-operation or affiliation between HKSI Institute and any such Third Parties or external websites.
- By accessing website or any of the webpage and ePlatform, you unconditionally agree to be bound by the Hyperlink Policy of HKSI Institute as set out under paragraphs 3 and 4 below and you acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter any of the linked external websites, HKSI Institute shall not be responsible to you and/or any party, directly or indirectly, for (including without limitation to):
- the privacy practices of such external websites;
- the availability of such external websites or resources, and any contents, advertisings, products, materials, goods, services or otherwise on or available from such websites or resources; and
- any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation to accidental or consequential loss, destruction or damage) caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or in reliance on any such contents, advertisings, products, materials, goods, services or otherwise available on or through any such websites or resources.
- Hyperlinks to website
HKSI Institute welcomes the creation of hyperlinks to its website and will be pleased to know your website address if you wish to have it linked to website. Unless otherwise approved by HKSI Institute, all links to website shall be connected to the front page of website. Thus, only the name, “Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute”, and website address of HKSI Institute, http://www.hksi.org, shall be displayed.
If you wish to link an external website to a specific page of website and content (video, text, images or any other information) or copying any content (video, text, images or any other information in full or partial of them), you must first obtain the prior written approval of HKSI Institute which may be given subject to conditions. HKSI Institute will assess each request on a case-by-case basis. HKSI Institute has the sole discretion to determine the way in which the hyperlink is to be structured and how the name of the specific page of website and logo of HKSI Institute should be displayed. Nothing on website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any intellectual properties displayed on website.
HKSI Institute is not obliged to establish a reciprocal link to your website following the establishment of a hyperlink from your website to website unless HKSI Institute consents to do so.
HKSI Institute is not responsible for the setup of any hyperlink from a third party website to that of HKSI Institute, hence any hyperlinks to website shall not constitute or be construed as any form of co-operation with HKSI Institute or endorsement by HKSI Institute of such third party website. HKSI Institute is not liable for any losses or damages incurred or suffered by you or any third party arising out of, in connection with or as a result of any such links.
HKSI Institute may at its absolute discretion give, refuse or rescind any approval granted and require the removal of any link to website at any time.
- Hyperlinks from website
Some pages of website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites or web pages. Use of these hyperlinks to any external website or web page is at your own risk. HKSI Institute is not responsible for the contents of or any of the information on or any broken link to any websites or web pages linked with website.
The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by HKSI Institute of the linked websites and HKSI Institute is not liable for any losses or damages incurred or suffered by you or any third party arising out of, in connection with or as a result of any access to or interaction with any other websites via website.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following without prior written approval of HKSI Institute:
- publishing any website material (video, text, images or any other information) in any other media;
- selling, sub-licensing any website material;
- performing, displaying and/or showing any website material publicly;
- using this website in any way that impacts user access to this website;
- using this website in any way that is contrary to applicable laws and regulations, that may cause harm to the website, to HKSI Institute or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this website;
- using this website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
HKSI Institute reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law for breaches of any of the above terms and conditions.
Your privacy is important to us. All information collected through your use of our website and ePlatform is intended to be used as a means to better serve our current and future customers. The Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute (“HKSI Institute”) is committed to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”) of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region The People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”), and will at its best endeavor provide full protection and keep in strict confidence to any personal information received by HKSI Institute.
- Data collection
- HKSI Institute would collect and keep your personal information, such as, title, English name and Chinese name, HKID or Passport number, email address, telephone number, domain names and IP addresses together with other information, in the following conditions:
- When you register as a “ePlatform user” or apply as a "HKSI Institute member”, details of which are set out in the website of HKSI Institute;
- When you participate in any examinations, trainings, events, surveys or any activities in HKSI Institute; and
- When you express any opinions in respect of the website or any other platform of and/or services provided by HKSI Institute. Without such data, HKSI Institute may not be able to provide services in part or in whole to its members and/or you.
- HKSI Institute does not sell, trade or disclose any information you provided to any third party without your prior written consent.
- To the extent necessary to meet the law of Hong Kong, HKSI Institute may disclose your personal information without your prior consent to a third party.
- HKSI Institute reserves the right to use the personal information you provided for statistical and data analysis, and the right to use and publish the results thus generated.
Cookies are small pieces of information, which a website or ePlatform may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website to recognise your device the next time you visit and remember some information about your browsing activity on the website. Most cookies will not collect information that may identify you, and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use the websites, or a user’s general location.
We use Google analytics which sets cookies to get information on site usage and popularity. To disable cookies, you can configure your browser to disable them. Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider. However, please remember that if you do choose to block cookies, you may find that some sections of our website and ePlatform may not work or perform at their best.
The purposes for which your personal information may be used include:
- verification of your identity;
- administration and daily operation of HKSI Institute;
- processing enrolment of activities organised by HKSI Institute;
- conducting surveys;
- direct marketing of products, facilities and services (please see further details in the section entitled “Use of your personal data in direct marketing” below);
- handling complaints and enquiries;
- making disclosure according to the requirements of any law or regulations applicable to HKSI Institute;
- updating the register of members; and
- any other directly related matters.
- Use of your personal data in direct marketing
Where you have given your consent and have not subsequently opted out, HKSI Institute is also allowed to use your personal data in direct marketing.
In connection with direct marketing, HKSI Institute intends to:
- use your name, email address and contact details held by HKSI Institute from time to time in direct marketing; and
- market the following products, facilities, services and subjects which may be offered or arranged by any member of the Group (as defined hereinafter) or business partners which conducts cross or joint marketing activities with any member of the Group:
- courses and seminars; and
If you do NOT wish HKSI Institute continue to use your personal data in direct marketing, you may exercise your opt-out right. You may indicate your preference in the “communication preference” section in the Online Portal. You may also write to Director - Finance and Operations Department, at the address stated below or send to email@example.com stating your name and other necessary particulars to consent to or opt out from direct marketing at any time. HKSI Institute will cease to use your personal data in direct marketing once it receives your notification indicating objection to use of your personal data in direct marketing. Processing of such request is free of charge.
- Transfer of personal data
Personal information will be kept confidential but HKSI Institute may provide such information to the following persons (whether within or outside Hong Kong) except that HKSI Institute has no current intention to transfer customer data to another person for it to use in direct marketing:
- subsidiaries of HKSI Institute (HKSI Institute and its subsidiaries collectively referred as the “Group”);
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides services to the Group in connection with the operation of HKSI Institute’s business;
- the media (only in relation to the handling of complaints and enquiries referred to HKSI Institute by the media);
- any person to whom HKSI Institute is under an obligation or is otherwise expected to make disclosure according to any law and regulations applicable to HKSI Institute;
- any person who owes a duty of confidentiality to HKSI Institute (e.g. professional advisers of HKSI Institute).
- Retention of personal data
HKSI Institute keeps personal data for such period that is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the data was collected or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- Every ePlatform user has his or her private password, and our system allows restricted access with that password only.
- Access to personal information is only granted by using the authorised password.
- HKSI Institute will take all practicable steps to protect all personal data in our system. If you discover any of your personal data being disclosed to a third party, please contact us immediately.
- You should not reveal your password to any third parties. You have to log out from our system in order to prevent others from accessing your personal information.
HKSI Institute takes all reasonably practical measures to protect personal data, whether stored physically or electronically, and prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use (including transfer). Personal data is stored under lock, encrypted or password-protected as necessary. When HKSI Institute engages a data processor to process personal data on its behalf, contractual or other means are adopted to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use (including transfer) of the data transferred to the data processor.
- Links to third party websites
- Domain Names and IP Addresses
Every time when you log in to the HKSI Institute website, our web servers will automatically verify your domain name and IP address and other information via cookies, and HKSI Institute will use these data for statistical and data analysis.
- Intellectual property
- Except expressly stated otherwise, the copyright of all the contents under HKSI Institute, including texts, graphics, photos, audios and videos, are owned by HKSI Institute.
- Except expressly stated otherwise, none of the information and materials mentioned above can be copied, modified, reproduced, published, uploaded, transmitted and distributed in any form or by any means, without the prior permission of HKSI Institute. If you discover that other individuals or organisations have infringed the copyright of HKSI Institute, please contact us immediately.
- Access to and correction of personal data
Any person has the right under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance:
- to check whether HKSI Institute holds records of their personal data;
- to obtain a copy of that data; and
- to correct any data which is inaccurate.
Such person may be requested to pay a reasonable handling charge to cover data access processing.
All enquiries regarding the personal data should be in writing to:
Director - Finance and Operations Department
Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute
Room 510, 5/F,
Wing On Centre,
111 Connaught Road Central,
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
By accessing website and any of its webpages you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out above.
When you leave website, you will be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the websites you are visiting.
English and Chinese Versions
If there is any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.