Overview of Legal and Regulatory Framework for Securities and Futures Industry (TPRCR17003202)
This course provides an overview of the Hong Kong legal and regulatory framework for Securities and Futures Industry including the objectives, functions and roles of key participants and regulators.
- understand the background of making the Securities and Futures Ordinance (SFO), which has been effective since 1 April 2003;
- identify financial products, services and financial regulators;
- define the objectives, functions and roles of the various regulators and how they link together;
- explain the objectives, functions, role, structure and operations of the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC);
- understand the Hong Kong legal system and the Companies Ordinance.
Course Instructor : Mr. Eugene Lee
Mr. Lee is currently the Head of Compliance of a financial institution and has held senior legal and compliance positions with local and international securities firms. He obtained his BCom/LLB from University of New South Wales and MBA from University of South Australia. He is also a member of Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, a fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australia and the Senior Fellow of the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute.
Who Should Attend
This course is mainly targeted to industry practitioners or professionals who would like to gain a basic understanding of the legal and regulatory framework for securities and futures industry in Hong Kong.
|Date & Time
- 24/04/2017 (6:30pm - 9:00pm)
- 27/04/2017 (6:30pm - 9:00pm)
Room 510, 5th Floor, Wing On Centre, 111 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong
- 5 CPT hour recognized by SFC
- 5 CPD Hours recognized by OCI
1. HKSI Institute Individual Member (M00001/FM00001), Student Member (U00001)
or Staff of HKSI Corporate Member (C00001)
2. Standard Price (for Public)