Understanding RMB Internationalization and the Offshore RMB Market (TPPFR17001701)
This course aims to discuss the basic concepts in understanding RMB internationalisation, historical development of the RMB exchange rate regime, background for internationalising RMB and foreign exchange market for RMB. It also aims to discuss the historical development of the offshore RMB market, essential elements for such market, Hong Kong as an offshore RMB centre and offshore RMB products and services available in the market.
Part 1: RMB internationalization
- Introduction to RMB
- Basic concepts in understanding RMB internationalization
- Historical development of RMB exchange rate regime
- Background for internationalizing RMB
- Foreign exchange market for RMB
- The way forward: RMB as international currency and reserve
Part 2: Offshore RMB market
- Historical development of offshore RMB market
- Essential elements of offshore RMB market infrastructure
- Hong Kong as offshore RMB centre
- Types of offshore RMB products and services
- Future development in offshore RMB market
Course Instructor : Dr. Lai Man-Kit, PhD, CFA, CIIA, MHKSI
Dr. Lai is the Principal Consultant of Executive Training and Management Consultancy Company Limited. He has extensive training experience for financial institutions in compliance and sales process relating to the sales of investment products.
Dr Lai obtained a doctorate in finance at the London Business School. He is the author of a number of professional publications.
Who Should Attend
This course will be of interest to financial planners, investment advisers, wealth managers, private bankers, insurance intermediaries, securities brokers and other financial practitioners.
|Date & Time
- 27/03/2017 (6:30pm - 9:00pm)
- 29/03/2017 (6:30pm - 9:00pm)
Room 510, 5th Floor, Wing On Centre, 111 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong
- 5 CPT hour recognized by SFC
1. HK$1,000 2. HK$1,550
1. HKSI Institute Individual Member (M0001/FM00001), Student Member (U00001)
or staff of HKSI Institute corporate member (C00001)
2. Standard Price (for Public)