CPWP Module 1 Refresher Programme: Topic 3 – Equity Securities (TQPWM17000301)
CPWP Module 1 Refresher Programme (“Programme”) is designed to help
• candidates of the CPWP Module 1 Examinations refresh and/or build a strong knowledge base and practical skills on the topics to be examined by learning or refreshing the topics of the syllabus of the CPWP Module 1 Examination
• in-service practitioners of the financial services industry to acquire the knowledge and skills required for entering the private wealth management field
The Programme has 14 topics and each training session covers one topic. Topic 3 Equity Securities is a 2-hour training session. Key Learning
• Describe the common securities products traded in the Hong Kong market;
• Describe the definition and applications of fundamental analysis;
• Describe the definition and applications of technical analysis;
• Assess a company’s financial position at period end and relate it to the past position;
• assess a company’s operational results for a particular period and compare them to past and projected performance;
• Understand cash flows for a particular period; • Calculate and interpret basic ratios used in securities analysis;
• Apply the price-earnings ratio model as a relative valuation tool; and
• Understand the various factors considered in constructing market indices and the weighting schemes in constructing indices.
• Overview of the products of the equity market;
• Basic techniques used by market analysts to analyse and value shares;
• Approaches to industry and competitive analysis Instructor All classes are taught by highly qualified individuals who are subject matter experts with an excellent understanding of the knowledge area. Instructor has an extensive knowledge of the topic and relevant work experiences.
Who Should Attend
1. CPWP candidates who wish to take the CPWP Module 1 Paper 1 Examination
2. In-service practitioners of the financial services industry who would like to acquire the core knowledge and skills for entering the private wealth management field.
Financial Incentive for Professional Training
Effective 1 October, 2016, “Certified Private Wealth Professional (CPWP) Module 1 - Technical, Industry and Product Knowledge” is one of the eligible courses/programmes under the financial incentive scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme.
In-service practitioners of the financial services industry will be eligible for the Scheme. They will be reimbursed 80% of the course fees, subject to a maximum of $7,000 (whichever is the lower) upon satisfactory completion of a course or seminar under the selected programmes of the Scheme. Each individual may apply for fee reimbursement for more than one course / seminar, up to a ceiling of $7,000 per person over the three-year period of the Scheme.
Application to reimburse the course fees, together with the required documents, must be submitted within four months from the last day of the course attended. For Certified Private Wealth Professional (CPWP) Module 1 - Technical, Industry and Product Knowledge Programme, eligible individual can apply for course reimbursement upon satisfactory completion of each module.
Please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website (Financial Incentive Scheme) for application details