Other Events of Interest
|Date:||20 September 2016 (Tuesday)|
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Venue:||N100 Series (New Wing), Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre|
|Fee:||For HKSI members:
Full day (including lunch) - $2,600 (Early Bird)* / $2,900
Half day - $1,800 (Early Bird)* / $2,000
*Early bird discounts are offered to those who register and pay before 31 July 2016.
|HKIB CPD / SFC CPT:||Morning session: 3.5 hours and Afternoon session: 3 hours|
The 2016 Annual Banking Conference will explore ways for Hong Kong to bolster capacity both in terms of resources, infrastructure and talent in order to fully benefit from the opportunities driven by technological development, regional investment and macroeconomic trends.
With the theme:" Building Capacity to Capture Emerging Opportunities", this year's conference will examine banks' opportunities to enhance and consolidate their processes, reshape their channels of delivery, explore new growth areas and enhance customer service. Tailored for mid-senior banking executives, the event will deliver actionable takeaways and macro refreshers to prepare individuals to lead in their respective departments and businesses. With more than 700 Mainland, Vietnam, US and Hong Kong banking professionals expected, the 2016 Banking Conference is not to be missed. For registration, please click here.
For enquiry, please call 2153 7800 or 2830 6070 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Date:||23 & 24 September 2016|
|Venue:||Ballroom, Level 3, JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong|
|Fee:||Please refer to here|
|Accreditations:||11 ECPD points|
HKICS’s 10th biennial CGC will be held on 23 and 24 September 2016, which will bring together thought leaders from the corporate governance, legal, regulatory, risk and finance, and other fraternities, locally and internationally to share perspectives of corporate governance for navigating the challenges ahead.
The conference is themed ‘Corporate governance inside and out – forces shaping the corporate governance landscape’. Keynote speakers are Professor K C Chan GBS JP, Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, and Anthony Neoh FCIS FCS QC SC JP, Former Chief Advisor to the China Securities Regulatory Commission.
For details, please click here.
For enrolment, please complete the online registration form, or download the enrolment form and return the completed form to HKICS secretariat by email: email@example.com or fax: (852) 2881 5755 before 20 August 2016 to enjoy the early bird offer at member’s rate.
For enquiry, please contact Ms Vincy Wong at 2830 6048 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Date:||8, 15, 22 & 29 October 2016|
|Time:||9:00am - 12:00pm|
|Venue:||The University of Hong Kong Pokfulam, Hong Kong|
|Fee:||Members of HKSI Institute can apply ACFE member rate. Please click here for details.|
The ACFE is the world's largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud training and education. Together with more than 75,000 members, the ACFE is reducing business fraud worldwide and inspiring public confidence in the integrity and objectivity within the profession.
About the Course:
- A four-part training course to be held on Saturday mornings in October 2016, tailored to the needs of Hong Kong fraud examiners and offering a total of 12 CPE hours.
- This training covers areas which are specific to Hong Kong, and which are not covered elsewhere in ACFE training materials.
- The contents will assist candidate CFEs preparing for their CFE examination, and draw on the experience of locally based CFEs and experts in legal practice and psychology to consider topics that will broaden the expertise of our certified members.
For enrolment, please download and return the completed enrolment form with payment to "Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Hong Kong Chapter Limited" By post : GPO Box 8412, Central, HK; By fax : (852) 3019 2251; By mail: email@example.com.
For enquiry, please contact ACFE Hong Kong Chapter Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Date:||13 December 2016 (Tuesday)|
|Time:||8:50am - 4:50pm|
|Venue:||JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong|
|Fee:||HKIFA/HKSI Institute/Endorsing organizations members: HK$3,900 per enrollee
Standard rate: HK$5,400 per enrollee
With the theme “Hong Kong – building the premier fund hub”, this year's conference will look at the forces of change that will potentially shape the fund management industry and identify the critical success factors that foster it to propel to the next stage. Against this backdrop, thought leaders from the authorities and the industry will have deep-dive discussions on evolutions in the business model, topical regulatory issues – ranging from macro prudential issues, such as liquidity risk management and corporate governance standards; to micro issues such as advice/suitability to alternative distribution platforms.
Event highlights include:
- Global financial stability and the role of the fund management industry
- How would the Hong Kong industry look like in 2020
- A raft of regulatory changes have been introduced since the GFC - How do investors see these developments and what’s their experience? What is the approach that can best serve the interests of investors? We will share the findings of an investor survey which can provide insights and perspective to the discussions.
- Regulatory agenda for 2017
- Fiduciary duties of fund managers as investors
- Alternative distribution platforms
- Mainland fund market in the next 3-5 years
- Online registration: www.plus-concepts.com/hkifa2016/registration.aspx, or
- Download the enrolment form from http://www.plus-concepts.com/hkifa2016/HKIFA%20eBrochure.pdf and send the completed form to Plus Concepts (the appointed event manager) via email@example.com or fax (852) 3905 7075.