Other Events of Interest
|Date:||8, 15, 22 & 29 October 2016|
|Time:||9:00am - 12:00pm|
|Venue:||The University of Hong Kong Pokfulam, Hong Kong|
|Fee:||Members of HKSI Institute can apply ACFE member rate. Please click here for details.|
The ACFE is the world's largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud training and education. Together with more than 75,000 members, the ACFE is reducing business fraud worldwide and inspiring public confidence in the integrity and objectivity within the profession.
About the Course:
- A four-part training course to be held on Saturday mornings in October 2016, tailored to the needs of Hong Kong fraud examiners and offering a total of 12 CPE hours.
- This training covers areas which are specific to Hong Kong, and which are not covered elsewhere in ACFE training materials.
- The contents will assist candidate CFEs preparing for their CFE examination, and draw on the experience of locally based CFEs and experts in legal practice and psychology to consider topics that will broaden the expertise of our certified members.
For enrolment, please download and return the completed enrolment form with payment to "Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Hong Kong Chapter Limited" By post : GPO Box 8412, Central, HK; By fax : (852) 3019 2251; By mail: email@example.com.
For enquiry, please contact ACFE Hong Kong Chapter Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Date:||28 October 2016 (Friday)|
|Time:||2:30pm - 5:00pm|
|Venue:||Hong Kong Management Association, 4/F, Pico Tower, 66 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong|
|Fee:||HK$ 750/person (regular)
HK$ 650/person(early bird discount if register and pay on 14 October, 2016)
HK$ 550 /person (for ICC-HK & HKSI Institute members)
|CPE Hours:||Law Society CPD Point will be applied|
Public reprimand, criminal sanctions, individual accountability and loss of reputation: these are some of the serious consequences of breaches of securities laws or listing rules. To avoid them or minimise the damages to you and your organisation, we have invited an experienced professional to talk on the topic. This seminar will discuss on the continuing obligations of listed issuers, the common breaches of the rules and some practical preventive measures.
Please click here for the flyer and registration form.
For enquiry, please call 2973 0060 or email to Publn@icchkcbc.org.
|Date:||13 December 2016 (Tuesday)|
|Time:||8:50am - 4:50pm|
|Venue:||JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong|
|Fee:||HKIFA/HKSI Institute/Endorsing organizations members: HK$3,900 per enrollee
Standard rate: HK$5,400 per enrollee
With the theme “Hong Kong – building the premier fund hub”, this year's conference will look at the forces of change that will potentially shape the fund management industry and identify the critical success factors that foster it to propel to the next stage. Against this backdrop, thought leaders from the authorities and the industry will have deep-dive discussions on evolutions in the business model, topical regulatory issues – ranging from macro prudential issues, such as liquidity risk management and corporate governance standards; to micro issues such as advice/suitability to alternative distribution platforms.
Event highlights include:
- Global financial stability and the role of the fund management industry
- How would the Hong Kong industry look like in 2020
- A raft of regulatory changes have been introduced since the GFC - How do investors see these developments and what’s their experience? What is the approach that can best serve the interests of investors? We will share the findings of an investor survey which can provide insights and perspective to the discussions.
- Regulatory agenda for 2017
- Fiduciary duties of fund managers as investors
- Alternative distribution platforms
- Mainland fund market in the next 3-5 years
- Online registration: www.plus-concepts.com/hkifa2016/registration.aspx, or
- Download the enrolment form from http://www.plus-concepts.com/hkifa2016/HKIFA%20eBrochure.pdf and send the completed form to Plus Concepts (the appointed event manager) via email@example.com or fax (852) 3905 7075.