DCASS Training Course Series : Course 1 - Understanding of Derivatives Clearing
Derivatives Clearing And Settlement System (DCASS) is a fully electronic and automated clearing and settlement system that comprises the core derivatives clearing and settlement functionality, the margining engine, and has the capability to support various types of derivatives products such as Equities, Currencies and Commodities.
To enable the Clearing Participants to effectively use the system, HKEX has developed 3 courses to provide the basic knowledge of the clearing and settlement system.
Course 1 – Understanding of Derivatives Clearing
Course 2 – DCASS Terminal Training
Course 3 – CCMS Training
This course provides a general understanding of the derivatives clearing and settlement system and management.
1. The Structure of Clearing Houses
2. Clearing and Settlement Systems
3. Clearing Accounts
4. DCASS Trade Management
5. DCASS Position Management
6. Collateral Management
7. PRiME & Margin Calculation
Who should attend
Responsible officers, operations staff (in particular back office settlement staff), sales staff and account executives of brokerage firms.
- Priority will be given to Exchange Participants of HKEx and those applying to attend all courses.
- If any course(s) is/are cancelled due to inadequate enrolment, the participant can choose to transfer to the next intake or a refund.
- The Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (“HKEx”) Participant can attend the course at the discounted fee, i.e. the lower course fee as HKSI Member or staff of HKSI Corporate Member.
Ways to get discount:
- Simply enrol online (with the normal course fee)
- On the day of the training course:
1. bring your business card and the HKEx Participant ID number
2. fill in a simple form and return to HKSI Institute