Equities - Part 8
This eCourse consists of two modules. Module 1 looks at the different types of stock market index and the construction of these indexes. Examples of how each index is calculated are provided. The module also looks at how equity portfolios can be hedged by using stock index futures.
Module 2 looks at the three main types of margin: ownership margin, as used in the securities market, options margin, and futures margin.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the differences between the various types of stock index and construct each type of index
- Describe how stock index futures can be used to hedge an equity portfolio
- Describe the role of margin in securities trading
- Explain the application of option margin
- Understand the use of margin in futures trading
Module 1: Equity Portfolio Management - Indexes & Hedging
Topic 1: Stock Indexes
Topic 2: Hedging With Index Features
Module 2: Margin
Topic 1: Equity Margin
Topic 2: Options Margin
Topic 3: Futures Margin